Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Apathy at the AAC....

In a contest that meant nothing at all to the Western Conference, or the Stars, it at least meant something to the Stars faithful that paid for those tickets right?

Not in section 321.

Kudos to the guy and his girl who came to watch the last 4 and a half minutes of every period, spending the rest of their time elsewhere, The family behind us who was kicking me in the head, the people to my right who were only there to see a fight, and left early when none came, and everyone else too.

Stars Score. No one stands up. They golf clapped I think....

Then the AAC sucks the energy out of the place even more, by displaying text messages on the scoreboard, WHILE THEYRE PLAYING THE GAME! I don't even think half of the people there SAW the 3rd goal.

Hopefully the playoffs will spice it up in there. The 40th of 41 home games was a little drab.





Notes....

Stephan Robidas continues to impress. His speed and tenacity make up for the occasional bad pass across the ice or turnover, and I think he and Trevor Daly can only get better watching Zubov night after night.

Jason Arnott scores again on the power play. He'll have to score the Cup Clincher this year if I am ever going to get the image of him in a Devils uniform against the Stars in '00 out of my head.

The AAC sold out last night. It was the quietest sell out in NHL history...I could hear beer men from 3 sections over.

Jaro Svoboda scores his 4th last night. I hope to see him dressed more often in the post season than Perrott or Tjarnquist.

No comments: