Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sports Sport Sports......

What a wonderful sports weekend we just had.

First, my "exclusive" interview with Brendan Morrow (#10) of the Dallas Stars.














The Dallas Stars were at the Galleria in Dallas signing autographs, and I had the chance to ask Brendan Morrow about his future in Dallas:

BM: Hey man how're you?

Me: Good, what's up dude?

BM: (looks at Mike Modano and screaming girls 3 feet away from us)

"Not much"

(smiles)

BM: -signs jersey-

Me: You gonna be back in Dallas next year?

BM: Man, I hope so.

Me: Alright, thanks man

That's right people. You heard it here first. "I hope so." Thats outstanding journalism!!!!

All kidding aside, what a terribly nice guy. Also, Mike Modano is a rock star. Cheryl and I had the opportunity to meet Brendan Morrow, Marty Turco, Stu Barnes, Steve Ott, Antii Miettinen, Mike Smith, Dan Ellis, Jeff Halpern, and Ralph and Razor. Walked by Zubie and Lehtinen, but their lines were crazy long and we had to get to Morrow and Turco.

Ralph kind of big timed us. Razor at least made eye contact and let me thank him. Even though there was no one in their line!!! All of the Dallas Stars are classy individuals who were all very good sports, and the turnout was very good too.

Also, Cheryl won free pre-season tickets while we were there. 5 days, and the jersey goes on and the AAC is back open for business!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving along....

Suck it Bevo OSU 24, Texas 7




As much as I've despised OSU over the years, I must admit I was elated on Saturday night watching that sorry excuse for a "good" defense try to stop those boys from marching down the field. UT gets way too much pub around here for me. I bet most of you people didn't even go to UT....

And come on, I wouldn't trust a guy named "Colt" to wash my car.

Also, greetings from UNT boys! How does it feel to only get 7 points like the Mean Green did in week 1. Suck it Bevo!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could comment on the NFL....

Let's just say, that the Cowboys scared me when it looked like they were going to be good. And then let me say "Ha, Ha" and "Who would've though that Bledsoe would be a bigger story than T.O. Owens?"

Other than that.... the Chiefs game was terrible. The Eagles game was so so. The Redskin game was alright. The Manning bowl was pretty entertaining. The Chargers game was awful.

The Packers, the Bucs, and the Raiders all get shutout????? The Panthers might as well have been shutout, and the Detroit/Seattle game ends 9-6??? They might as well have been playing baseball. Between those 6 teams, that's....21 points!! AWFUL

The quality of football was not very good this week. Lot's of turnovers, and offenses trying to get used to the speed of the game. Look for improvement in week 2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol

Anonymous said...

um ok

Anonymous said...

f u. Go Texas.